0118 937 5429
0118 937 5429
It is of paramount importance that the Nursery runs smoothly and that both parents and staff work together in a spirit of co-operation in the best interests of the children and their families. In the event of complaints from either staff or parents every effort will be made to respond quickly and appropriately and the following procedure will be followed:
• If a parent feels that he/she has cause for complaint they should raise it with the appropriate team leader.
• Where a complaint or concern is made to a member of staff, the Executive Head of Nursery or Deputy Head of Nursery should be informed immediately.
• If a satisfactory conclusion is not achieved then an appointment should be made with the Executive Head or deputy head of the Nursery.
• If this is still unresolved parents would be asked to put a formal complaint in writing.
• The Executive Head/Deputy Head of Nursery will respond to any complaint as quickly as possible. They will talk with staff and parents to overcome the concern raised.
• All written Complaints will be recorded and dated in the compliments and concerns section of the parent and professional voice folder.
• When a written complaint is resolved this will be recorded including a staff signature and date. If a complaint has not been resolved further details will be recorded in the complaints book.
• The whistle blowing policy will be followed if there is a complaint by a member of staff.
• Reading Borough Council policies will be followed in the event of a complaint against a member of the Governing body.
• If a satisfactory conclusion is still not achieved then a formal complaint, in writing, can be made to the Chair of Governors, who can be contacted through the Children’s Nursery main office.
• If a satisfactory conclusion is still not reached then a complaint, in writing, can be made to the Head of Early Years and Extended Services, Reading Borough Council.
• If a complaint refers to a child protection issue then the safeguarding policy will be followed.
• If a complaint is made against a member of staff, where required the staff capability and disciplinary policy will be followed.
• It is understood that the parents have the right to phone Ofsted after talking to the staff of the Nursery if they feel that they have not received a satisfactory response to their complaint. (Ofsted Tel. No: 0300 123 1231)
To be reviewed: September 2021