Reading Borough Council
Information about pupils in schools, alternative provision,
pupil referral units and children in early years settings
Data Protection Act 1998: How we use your information
We process personal information relating to our pupils and may receive information about them from their previous school or college, local authority, the Department for Education (DfE) and the Learning Records Service. We hold this personal data to:
• support our pupils’ learning
• monitor and report on their progress
• provide appropriate pastoral care; and
• assess the quality of our services
Information about our pupils that we hold will include their contact details, national curriculum assessment results, attendance information, any exclusion information, where they go after they leave us and personal characteristics such as their ethnic group, any special educational needs they may have as well as relevant medical information.
We will not give information about you to anyone without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to.
We are required, by law, to pass certain information about our pupils to our local authority (LA) and the Department for Education (DfE).
If you need more information about how our local authority and/or DfE collect and use your information, please visit:
• our local authority at http://beta.reading.gov.uk/ or
• the DfE website at https://www.gov.uk/data-protection-how-we-collect-and-share-research-data
If you want to receive a copy of the information about you that we hold, please contact:
• Head teacher – Lisa Bedlow via email email@example.com